How do we receive your information?
We may receive information about you:
- when you contact us directly, normally via our website or our customer services teams, or when you browse our website,
- from our network of authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers,
- from our other group companies and carefully selected business partners who provide products and services under one of our brands, and
- occasionally from other third parties who may lawfully pass to us information about you.
Using your information
We may use your information (which we receive from you or third parties or learn from the way you use our products or services) for a variety of purposes, including:
- to provide or manage any information, products and services you have asked for,
- to help us identify you when you contact us,
- for general administration purposes,
- to help us improve the quality of our products and services,
- to help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering,
- to help us recover debts,
- to carry out analysis and customer profiling, and
- to identify other products and services which might be of interest to you and to inform you about our products and services (please see below).
We may share your information for any of these purposes with:
- our other group companies in the UK and abroad,
- authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers,
- our carefully chosen business partners who provide products or services under one of our brands, and
- our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as credit card processors and data management firms.
We may also pass your information to third parties:
- if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes,
- in relation to existing or future legal proceedings,
- in the process of selling one or more of our businesses or to anyone to whom we may transfer our rights under any customer agreement we have with you,
- for the purpose of preventing fraud/loss, for example to fraud prevention agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
Informing you about our products and services
We may use your information to contact you with news on BMW cars and motorcycles and MINI cars and other products and services (provided by us, our other group companies or our carefully selected business partners) which may be of interest to you and occasionally for market research purposes.
We may also pass your information to our other group companies, authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers and our other business partners for these purposes.
We, and these other parties, may contact you by post and phone and, if you give us your prior agreement to do so, by email, SMS and other electronic means.
As well as supporting our authorised BMW, MINI and BMW Motorrad dealers in the promotion of BMW and MINI vehicles, we, our other group companies or selected business partners offer a range of products and services, including:
- motor related products and services, including (amongst other things) vehicle finance, leasing and ancillary insurances, vehicle accessories, vehicle emergency service, vehicle warranties and motor insurance, and
- personal finance products, including (amongst other things) savings accounts, a credit card and insurance.
Our group of companies trading in the UK include BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, Alphabet (GB) Limited and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited and the group brands include BMW, MINI, BMW and MINI Financial Services, BMW Motorrad, Alphera, Alphabet and Rolls-Royce. Some of the products mentioned above are provided by selected business partners including UK Insurance Limited (BMW and MINI Motor, Home and Travel Insurance), American Express (BMW and MINI credit card) and Newcastle Building Society (BMW and MINI savings products).
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us on our vehicles and other products and services by ticking the appropriate box when providing your information on this website or at any time by calling us on free phone 0800 561 0666, or writing to us at BMW Customer Information Service, Europa House, Bartley Way, Hook, RG27 9UF.
You can also contact us at the above address or telephone number if you have previously asked not to receive marketing communications but would now like to hear from us with news on BMW, MINI or BMW Motorrad vehicles and other products and services.
Please note if you purchase a vehicle from an authorised BMW or MINI dealer or otherwise give your information to an authorised BMW or MINI dealer, you will have a separate relationship with the dealer in relation to the dealer’s use of your data and you will need to contact the dealer concerned (rather than us) in relation to any request you may have in that relation to the dealer’s use of your data.
We will only send you marketing communications by email or other electronic means if you give us your agreement to do so. For example, we may inform you when inviting you to provide your email address that by providing your email address you will be indicating your agreement to receive marketing emails. If you give us your agreement and subsequently wish to opt out you can do so by clicking the unsubscribe link which we include on all our marketing emails or you can contact us at any time at the address or telephone number above.
We try to keep our website secure. However you recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
A “cookie” is a piece of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content of our site to match your preferred interests;
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way.
Two types of cookies may be used on this website : session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and persistent cookies, which remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Some of our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides.
You can accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
You can find Information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
Providing information to us
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
You have a right to ask what information we hold about you. We will charge you a small fee for this (the statutory fee is currently £10).
You may contact us at the address below for these purposes.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
Telephone calls to us may be recorded and/or monitored for training purposes.